Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Go Time

Time to boogie!
   Something's happening. I've known since I came back to Christ that my service to Him wouldn't be a part-time affair. And, now I've come under a strong conviction to move, and move soon. In order to obey God I'm being shown a course that will require me to abandon the security of a job I've held for over 20 yrs during a time of economic distress. And this is going to take an enormous dose of faith and trust on my part.
   Not only is it the security of the job that's at stake. I owe way more that I should - the consequence of not being within  the will of God for all those years - and I'm a 51 year old man with Muscular Dystrophy. Finding another job under these circumstances in these times would be difficult if not impossible. God is asking me nothing less than to trust him with my entire Earthy wellbeing. Physical. Financial. Circumstantial.
   So I guess that it's time to put up or shut up. To prove that my newfound faith is more than fluff and feathers. And I'll admit, my friends, that I'm beyond terrified. But the conviction is strong. God is telling me that he has doors prepared for me to walk through, that he'll take care of everything, and that I need but to trust. Whew!
    I've been plagued, perhaps, by more than my share of physical difficulties. But I've also been blessed with more than my share of talents. And, the most convincing argument I make to myself to act on this conviction is this: If I die tomorrow, how will I explain to my Lord why I let gifts he provided gather dust while his plan went neglected and souls went unsaved? 
    It's time. I need your prayers proabably more than I ever have. I ask God tonight to give me the courage, insight, determination, and physical strength to follow his path. I'll be deep in contemplation and prayer over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment