Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Out Of The Blue

Your Humble Blogger gets busy fo da Lawd!   (MUSIC ADDED)

  The other morning I had a few minutes to kill, and I picked up my guitar to run a few scales, play a tune or two - nothing serious. Then, with no warning, a song began to come into my mind. It was lyrics actually. I'd written the tune years before. But with seemingly no effort on my part this song just wrote itself as I watched from the sidelines. I have no doubt that it was God's lyrics being written.
   So I ended up with a pretty good song. It's not Handal's Messiah, but it ain't bad.
   Well, I was happy to have the song, but God wasn't through. I received instructions to share it immediately. You should really be careful what you let God see you doing, 'cause you might have a conversation like this one:

  Maker of the Universe: Say, Hugh (my actual name), I see you have a new song there?
  Me: Yes, it's a new song. Umm Hmmm.
  Maker of the Universe: Looks like it's about submission to me.
Me: That's the theme of it, yes.
  Maker of the Universe: So, you're ready to go to work for me then?
  Me:  Yes!
  Maker of the Universe: Well, okay, Chief, how's about you prove it, eh? I want you to sing that song in church...TONIGHT.
  Me: Errrrrrrr! Ummmm, well I'm not a singer. You know that.And there's a chord I can't quite hit cleanly. And I still haven't practiced enou....
  Maker of the Universe: Hugh. Not my problem.
  Me: But it's not even quite finished yet.
  Maker of the Universe: Again, Not My Problem...

   So, I finished it Sunday afternoon and sang it in church Sunday evening. I didn't want to.I was nervous as a cat. But it went over well. I know my limitations as a singer, so can only assume there are lots of tone deaf people in our congregation 'cause they all gave me kudos.They're nice like that.
    I didn't tell God "no", though, and that was a huge victory for me. I pray that he'll continue to use to me good effect. I'm ready, Lord, bring it on! 

Psalm 33:1-3
Rejoice in the Lord, you righteous ones;
praise from the upright is beautiful.
Praise the Lord with the lyre;
make music to Him with a ten-stringed harp.
Sing a new song to Him;
play skillfully on the strings, with a joyful shout.















Many a mile I've walked in darkness,
Many a squandered day,
Chasin' the dream that I could find my own way,
Many a path I've stumbled blindly,
Now I give it all to You,
Take my life, and my heart, and my soul, and my body too.

Lord, Take this lost and broken man,
And make of him a voice across this land,
For Your Glory

My gratitude is overflowing,
For Your strong and boundless love,
It's a stream You promised,
Never would run dry.
Should I sit beside that river,
and just watch the water flow?
Or should I set sail,
And go where the river goes?


I can see Your work within me,
I can sense the change.
I can feel this sinner's heart,
begin to rearrange.
I will walk the path You show me,
I pray You'll light my way,
I'll take up my cross,
and follow You today.

No comments:

Post a Comment